Thursday, September 3, 2015

HOW TO RESEARCH HERBS


If you have wanted to incorporate herbs into your lifestyle, but constantly feel overwhelmed by the mixed information or the amount of herbs that are used for one particular issue, stress no more.
Today I’m going to tell you how I research any of the herbs I use so that you can learn to do the same!

4 Steps To Researching Herbs

  1. I look up whatever is ailing me in a book, and I find out what herbs or supplements are known to help with that condition. I write them down on a piece of paper. Then I move on to another book and write those herbs down. I go through 3-4 books, and sometimes I’ll even search Google to see what suggestions others have.
  2. Next I look at all the suggested herbs on my list, and I note which herbs were mentioned over and over in all the different resources I looked at. That must mean that all these herbalists agree that these particular herbs are the go-to herbs for whatever I’m researching. So now I make a new list with all of the most commonly recommended herbs.
  3. At this point I’ll look each of the herbs on my new list up individually. I’m looking to see how they work in the body, any herbs that they may need to be combined with to work better, any warnings or cautions that may accompany them, how to prepare them, how much to take, how long to take them, etc.
  4. Finally, I narrow my choices down to the best herbs for my situation. I then browse through my typical online herb shops to find out prices and shipping times and then place my order. If I don’t have time to order them online, I’ll make a special trip to a nearby health food store and pick what I need up there.
That’s it. It’s so simple. I can do it, and you can do it too!


No comments:

Post a Comment