Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Homemade Coconut Milk Shampoo

1/4 cup coconut milk (you can either make your own, or use store-bought)
1/3 cup liquid castile soap (like Dr. Bronner’s)
1 tsp vitamin E, olive or almond oil
10 to 20 drops your choice of essential oils (I used lavender. Next time I think I’ll do something citrusy just for fun. :-)



Combine all ingredients in a shampoo bottle or jar and shake well to mix. 
You can keep it in the shower for up to one month…just shake before use.
Use about a teaspoon every time you shampoo. (I used a little more, but my hair is pretty long right now!)
loved pretty much everything about this shampoo. It smelled good…it lathered up nicely (which I feel strongly about)…and after washing, rinsing and drying…my hair felt soft and smooth. No fly-aways.

No comments:

Post a Comment